Friday, February 15, 2008

sketchbook found, list posted!

The 1001 day clock has been ticking for a good 2 weeks and I had yet to post the actual list. In all it's glory, it is now posted for your browsing and perusing pleasure. For those who don't know, several acquaintances, friends, and roommates are challenging ourselves and each other to complete 101 things in 1001 days. If you see something you want to collabo on, let me know. I removed "make list" from its prominent position at number 1, which was completed almost two weeks ago. With this massive list update, I am realizing I will need to keep a count instead of simply crossing off some of these endeavors.

058. Barter

I'm not sure if it counts, Kevin Addickes proposed a themed mix CD trade. The theme he gave me was "Spring Heeled Jack". The theme I gave him was, "moneyless society". I have made a mix TAPE in lieu of a CD and it has been delivered.

052. Bull's Eye!

Do red ones count? I went to Dog and Duck on Tuesday with Michael Greene, Dan Bui and their roommate Tyler met us there. We played darts, and while i got several red bull's eyes (meaning the outer ring of the center) the 3rd dart of my turn bounced off the board, and I hastily picked it up and threw the only black bull's eye of the night. It didn't count for the game, but the Bull's eye count is up to 1.

057. buy food i have never tried and cook with it

At Whole Food's on Saturday, I bought a taro root. Its texture is rough and hairy on the outside and sticky potato on the inside. I have had taro chips, but never prepared it myself. Though "Joy of Cooking" (1997 edition) suggests baking them, I sautéed it in thin slices with onion, garlic, pepper, ginger, jalapeño and scrambled eggs. It was awesome.

081. (re)make clothes (picture coming soon)

I sewed a shirt to another shirt. My leaning tower of Pisa shirt which hung on my wall for the last year was sewn to my Israeli army shirt. It is quite the mash-up as Nathan Greene observed
on it's first outing.
The Italy shirt was purchased by my friend Molly Pierce on a trip to Italy, where her mother was inappropriately dressed to go into a museum. Apparently, sleeveless shirts are not allowed, but there is a convenient souvenir stand nearby. It looks like the nike logo, with the tower for the letter "I".
The Israel shirt was given to me by my friend Adam Robinson.


027. listen to a new album in it's entirety each week

This week it is Nat Baldwin's Most Valuable Player. I had the pleasure of meeting him on Wednesday at his show at Rancho Relaxo. Everyone in his band was extremely friendly and talented. I still can't get over one horn arrangement made to sound like backwards guitar. Phwew. I think I will have to listen to this one again soon. (right now.)

As soon as I get a computer of my own (within the week! thanks, sis!) my documentation with be more rich, thorough, and frequent. alright!