Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Roofs, Car Stereo, Spring Garden

011. get on roofs(1)

Brian F., and his roommates, Josh, Will + (is that it?) hosted a party on Saturday with a Spider-man bounce-house-moonwalk. Damn those things are fun - but - they also had a huge crate in their backyard, enabling easy access to his roof, eye level with Spider-man. The goal is multiple roofs, so I'm halfway there I suppose...

100. read all Nicolas Bourriaud's Books (1/2)
101. read a book every month

I just finished Nicolas Bourriaud's Post-Production: Culture as Screenplay: How Art Reprograms the World, which talks mainly about contemporary art primarily from the 90's that uses existing elements of culture, albeit architecture, images, text, colors, or even completed works themselves. His discussion of artwork is reference-laden, and as a result, it can be hard to envision what exactly he is talking about. Many of the artists that the book discusses, create work that is difficult to understand through images, or even eye witness. Unfortunately, this flaw can be daunting, but his writing is edgy, passionate, and new so I was willing to stick it out.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<.other news.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I successfully added a CD player to my car! No longer will I be relegated to tapes! Music never sounded so good (barring the time when the original CD player wasn't broken). Ironically, in light of this new power, I am on a tape making kick. If you want one, let me know! I will make you a one of a kind mix as I rifle through my music collections and the radio.

Even though my goal is to listen to an album in it's entirety each week (which is hard to do in a car) I will be able to activate those piles of CDs that get so little playtime. If you have something you think I should hear, send it my way. Email? Snail Mail? FTP? DL? sure!

My roommates (Grant and Devin) and I went to the Austin Sustainable Food Center in an incredibly weird, futuristic, gold mirror-glass building called "The Twin Towers". We got a gang of free seeds, fertilizer and literature. If you are interested in starting a garden, it is a great place to get seeds, and now is a great time to plant a spring garden (i think). Today, I will plant, Spinach, Cilantro, Carrots, Broccoli, Snow Peas and Micro Greens. This is the first food I have grown from seed, so I know very little about the timing. Wish us luck...

Alright!

1 comment:

Stephanie E. said...

Charlie, can we collaborate on a potluck/craft party?