Thursday, February 28, 2008

053. - Changed!

053. get recently aquired hitachi VCR to work with Panasonic Camcorder

The "Panasonic Camcorder" is the one that all of my childhood home videos were made on. This thing is a beast. I can remember countless school plays, dance recitals, and pretty much anything at night having a crazy light burn that would make trails across the picture.

Here is the down side:
It came with it's own VCR that had a slot for a battery pack enabling it's portability. The VCR connects and powers the camera through a cable labeled "Serial". In the inheritance of this magnificent media relic, there was no VCR. Thus I am on a quest for a VCR that has "Serial" output, maybe even a battery. anything that will make this camera make images.

I recently thought I stumbled into a goldmine when I found a VCR with such a port, but no battery. Old, old hitachi, complete with a handle. $2 at the Goodwill bins. I bought a chord that powers it from Radio Shack. Alas, all the belts in the VCR are crusted over and snapped immediately upon turning it on.

So...

053. get Panasonic Camcorder to work

No comments: