Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"It's the digital age"

I'm sure it is all too common for a first blog entry to deal with issues of the coming, expanding, invasion of the digital.

I'm sure that this will be a recurring theme as I use easy-click-style publishing to "externalize" my tangible life in digital form. Does it seem strange that we connect to the "outside" world through a network that is inherently contained within objects/machines?

I have usually wanted to do these kind of things by hand, but alas, I have submitted to the "minima" template, if only temporarily, and away I run. Seeing as that I don't have a computer due to unfortunate events of May 18th, I am increasingly streamlining my internet usage, and paring it down to its essential (e-mail, links from friends, event info, calendars, etc.) in many ways. Endless surfing is OUT (for now). Blogging is IN (for now).

There. I bought in to you, Blogspot.com. Your 3 page process to create my own website was too easy. Let's forever be skeptical of each other.

No comments: