Monday, September 8, 2008

Taste Artists of Art Flavours...


I have long been interested in the possibilities of narrative or theoretical application of tastes and smells. The first time I actually encountered someone doing anything close to it was at Mel Zeigler and Kate Ericson's retrospective at the Austin Museum of Art (AMOA), which featured their piece The Smell and Taste of Things Remain. I am thrilled to learn of at least one more artist using this technique. An Italian gelatto maker, Osvaldo Castellari, made 4 unique flavors to illustrate concepts; Memory, the Archive, the Spectacle, and the Body. I will be searching for more documentation, as I would love to find as many descriptions of the tastes as possible. For now, here is a small overview of the project written prior to it's debut.

Also!
I have an idea for how to do
8. document change over time
Some combination of up to 6 people (1? 2? 3?) decided to try to fight me for no reason, so I have some gnarly carnage en mi cara. Nothing broken, but won't be biking for a few days. Look forward to some time-elapsed healing, if all goes to plan!

No comments: